Nov 4th 2015
How to make the best Venison Burger you’ve ever ta…
Posted by Texas Hunter Products on 4th Nov 2015
- Venison by itself doesn’t have enough fat – you’ll need to add some. If you’re grinding your own meat, mix-in some pork to increase the fat content. Ask your meat processor to add in some pork fat.
- Add some bacon. Pick-up some “bacon trimmings” at your local grocery store. Crispy bacon is great and adds a tasty flavor to venison burgers.
- Just a little salt – only on the outside - will bring out the flavor of the venison. If you salt the meat inside, it’ll change the texture of the burger.
- You’ll need to cook Venison burgers different than regular ground beef burgers because of the lack of fat, even when you add some. Flip your burgers after about 3 to 4 minutes, once that initial sizzle has subsided.
- Add your favorite toppings and cheese.